Beyond Ascension - Rift Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion of the Future

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ready set go!

Go down 
+3
Zurhya
Jaydhe
Kholsaeri
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kholsaeri

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 am

I know it will not allow for a smooth transition rp wise, but it is my desire and recommendation that the guild be started and that we move on as soon as possible. I may be alone, but any further rp in the current state we are in would be uncomfortable and sad for me ooc, which unfortunately would either affect my rp, or just make me avoid it. There needs to be positive talk as to what BA is on its own merits rather than how it is different or better than magitech. I know that is a common reference point for everyone, but I for one would just like to move on and drop it.
Back to top Go down
Jaydhe

Jaydhe

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:36 am

I agree.

I think what needs to happen is the new guild needs to get itself chartered, an OOC channel needs to be made, whatever magitech is giving needs to be given, we need to stop relying on MagitechOOC to communicate in-game, and we need to start being the guild we want. We can PM everyone on the old magitech site our new OOC channel name when we have one, and then USE it. (And I haven't peeked in the game to see if Soti has a shiny new guild tag, so forgive me if this is already done :-) )

Magitech at this point is a sinking ship, and the women and children are screaming, and we have led as many as we can to the life boats. Some are happier to scream and cry. For those of us moving on, we better get the hell off the doomed vessel Magitech, IMHO, before we go down with it. Its not pretty now, and its not likely to be any prettier for staying around. The more we argue on the Magitech website, the more we alienate people. For most people, it is human nature to avoid conflict. We are harming our new venture by continuing to be seen arguing over what cant and wont change.

Plus, the more time we spend talking about what coulda shoulda woulda, the less time we spend building what we want. :-)

Somebody poke me when we are ready for me to walk in-game and grab a new guild tag and GO. Until then... logging in is just blech. I think many feel the same- there's rarely more than 5 people on even at peak times, down from 20 plus. Those who will come, will find us, or move on. We need to make the move, and cut the umbilical chord, or nobody will follow. This is because everyone knows deep down its easier to have good ideas than to make things happen, and only a small percent are willing to stick their necks out at the beginning. Most lack the confidence. They need to see others having a good time and they need to feel safe from the drama, before they will venture out of their shell.

More may come. We have to trust in ourselves, to create a good thing, and worry about the quality of our member experience. And by "member experience" I mean your experience, and mine, because we need to be having fun, again. I think who we have is who we have, and if we have a guild of 7 people, lets make a great guild of 7 people. :-)

-J

Back to top Go down
Zurhya
Admin
Zurhya

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Today the new guild was chartered, Sotiris, Khol, Asyl (my alt), and several others are in. I agree we need to start using our own channel. I tried to make one today, but wasn't sucessful, not sure how to do that.

I did put a post to the forums here on the wall for Magitech in case anyone logs in and wonders where we went. I am pulling Zurhya later tonight to move with her. I'm looking forward to many others joining us and to forging our new path!
Back to top Go down
https://beyond-ascension.forumotion.com
Sotiris

Sotiris

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 pm

The new guild exists in-game. We are working with all speed to get it off the ground. Please be patient with us while we get established.
Back to top Go down
Shyn

Shyn

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:38 pm

To create a channel, simply type /join <channel name>

I'm happy that we've started the guild. I will be moving my alts in as quickly as possible. I'd like to keep Shyn in Magitech so that I can explain to everyone that we have started the transfer, if that's alright. I'd also like for Shyn to come up with a device, much like the Telematrix, but without the soul linking part as she's not a mage, to use for guild communication. We can probably use the Telematrix until everything gets settled.

Does this fly with you guys, or does Shyn need to come over now?
Back to top Go down
Sotiris

Sotiris

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:05 pm

Here's what I'm considering:

We agree that our timeline is moved forward by a few weeks to a point just after Kiyla's team meets its inevitable fate and the 'matrix has stopped working. In looking for a replacement, we recall that Sotiris once went diving down into the grotto under the harbor in Fortune's Shore. If you've ever been down there, you will remember that there are large crystals the SAME COLOR and about the right size to be travel stones like the ones that take you around Ember Isles.

If a travel stone can take you bodily from place to place, why can't some tinkering with some fragments of a defunct travel stone (cause even if you repaired it, it would port you in under water and you'd drown) transfer sights and sounds? That is my proposal for Shyn's communicator network-to-be.

Whatcha thiiink? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Alirra

Alirra

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Kholsaeri

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:51 am

Just a heads up for shyn and those that might not be aware, when I left magitech yesterday quite a few people had already disbanded ahead of me. I also am not sure who still intends to log on as I saw corella log in then log out again before I could even say hi and I know KIYLA has already emptied all of her mail boxes. I know arpeggio and a few others have also already moved on. Lucidus was the only one that still had a tag that I have seen regularly when I was playing. Just wanted to give a heads up that I do not think there is really anyone left there to tell or rp an exit with.
Back to top Go down
Jaydhe

Jaydhe

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Ok, passed the word in Magitech OOC that the BAOOC channel is our OOC channel! People promised to keep passing the word. That way we can keep people together during the process of moving main characters from one guild to another, without relying on Magitech OOC. And everyone is still using MagitechOOC, which is also fine. I just don't want anyone to get lost in the shuffle! I didn't move Jaydhe in-game yet because she has some officer permissions as a "agent" and I want to make sure I have crossed all my T's and dotted my I's before making the leap.

and Zurhya... look for Zairra to come find you in-game about forum logging-in issue she is having ;-) It sounds like a misspelled email or something, she never got the email to let her log in for the first time.

*huggs*

J
Back to top Go down
Zairra

Zairra

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Actually Jaydhe, Yahoo saw fit to finally deliver the confirmation email only 2 hours after it was sent. *sighs*

Zurhya is safe. I'm in! *evil cackle*

Zairra
Back to top Go down
Sotiris

Sotiris

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Welcome Zairra! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Jaydhe

Jaydhe

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 pm

yaym she she made it! WOOT WOOT! *giggles*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ready set go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ready set go!   ready set go! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ready set go!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beyond Ascension - Rift Roleplay :: What Next - post Magitech Plans :: New Beginning - After Magitech Discussion-
Jump to: