Beyond Ascension - Rift Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion of the Future

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Put Your Hands Up!

Go down 
+3
Shyn
Zitona
Sotiris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sotiris

Sotiris

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:41 am

Okay people. I saw a lot of folks saying they'd be willing to help keep Magitech alive. Stand and be counted. Ideally I'd like to have a lot of "officers" (I don't know what they'll be called in the new guild) so we can have more of a council running the guild rather than a single figurehead.

If you can contribute to running the guild, please make a post here and tell me what you're willing to do. Can be, help organize PvP expeditions, roleplay facilitator, recruitment, general facilitator, finances officer, raid leading, rifting, just about anything you can think of ICly or OOCly that you can contribute. Even if you can't devote a lot of hours to the business side of the guild, that's fine. I myself don't intend to spend the majority of my time running the guild. I intend for us all to spend most of our time PLAYING.
Back to top Go down
Zitona

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:31 am

count me in! I'm not the best person to go to to weave RP, but I can help with the forum and with other general OOC organizing
Back to top Go down
Shyn

Shyn

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:34 am

I can help with anything and everything.

Recruitment
Guild Events
Role Play Facilitation
General Facilitation
Conflict Management OOC/IC
Rift Chasing
Raids
Dungeons
Beginner Role Play lessons

And the list just goes on and on.

Shyn
Back to top Go down
Alirra

Alirra

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:08 am

I'd be willing to help with RP, with the caveat that I may need to step down in the future if I end up not having time to help as much as is needed. I don't have much experience coming up with RP stories on my own, but I'm a good person to brainstorm with and bounce ideas off of, and I'm good at helping people move their stories forward and acting as a supporting character for them. And I tend to have good instincts about people, if you want my help evaluating new members. I'm also good at organizational stuff, if you need help with the forums or the guild bank or anything else like that.
Back to top Go down
Zurhya
Admin
Zurhya

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:26 pm

willing to help with:

Dungeon Runs
Guild site/graphics, though Avatar pictures will be up to the member. I don't mind if someone's picture is something funny.
Meeting recruits and RP

Back to top Go down
https://beyond-ascension.forumotion.com
Kholsaeri

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 am

I can really only commit to being a member. My schedule as well as some real life things prevent me from being able to spend a ton of time on the game, and I have done the leader/officer thing a couple times in the past and it always sours my play experience. In order to not risk that, I am more than happy to play and have interactions with people as a member, but I am not willing to commit to any responsibility.

Back to top Go down
Jaydhe

Jaydhe

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 am

The majority of what the Jaydhe-player does comes from 20 years of retail management experience. I don't like to be an "officer" per se, because I do a lot of officer-type work IRL. But I am a great behind the scenes person.

• Conflict management- I am good at recognizing conflicts in their early stages and helping people sort through miscommunication, vs real conflict. I help people identify the conflict, and propose compromises, and help them decide if they want to compromise or part ways.

• Roleplay facilitator- I am not good at creating stories, but I am good at helping people connect their stories to the stories of others and keep thing moving forward. I am helpful when someone feels "stalled" in their roleplay, and doesn't know what direction to take

• Leader support- I am good at being someone on the side that leaders can bounce ideas off of. I am good at asking questions to help people consider options, weigh pro's and cons, and consider the ramifications of decisions. And then I am good at letting go and letting the leaders make the decisions they feel they must, and support them in doing so.

• Group motivation- I am good at helping to create environments that people want to be part of. I am good at helping people feel like their contributions are important and valued, and encouraging people who might be reluctant to participate to be more involved.

• New person liason- I am good at helping new people take all the steps to growing into being "full members" From being someone who is new and interested in learning about the guild, to someone who is a full member and feels they fit and have a purpose in the group, and sometimes even further, recognizing talents that they might not see in themselves that they could contribute to being leaders in the guild. I am good at recognizing who can make those steps on their own... and who could use help, and discerning how much or how little help to give them.

• Character development- I am good at asking people questions to make them consider how their character would think and feel about different situations, so when the time to "live" roleplay comes, they aren't at a loss for what their character would do in the situation.

• Website facilitation- I have been a "content manager" for several websites, I am good at developing peoples interest in the forums, and keeping them interested and excited about participating
  • Graphics- I am very skilled at making avatars and signatures.

As I said before, I am currently in adjustment period, waiting for my health issues to become a routine that I can manage. I am still daily making adjustments to how much I can and cannot do, and how that effects aspects of my life like my guild involvement. I know I wont be able to do as much behind the scenes work as I was doing with Magitech before I got sick, but I ought to be able to figure out how to make a steady commitment that the leadership can rely on within the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sotiris

Sotiris

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I'd like to thank you guys so much for this response. I love you I was expecting a lot of foot-shuffling and looking at the floor when I asked for help. I'm getting a pretty good idea of where in management people might fit according to what they can provide. Even though we'll probably be a small guild to begin with as some people are peeling away to join Unsung Heros, I do not feel the need to force people into leadership positions that don't want them. If membership is where you feel most comfortable, rock on.

The leaders here are only to help steer things and facilitate the enjoyment we get out of playing together. We'd look really damned stupid if all we had was a group of leaders and no members. Derrrrp.
Back to top Go down
Zurhya
Admin
Zurhya

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Jaydhe, can't wait to see what you come up with art-wise! I loved your avatar on the Magitech forums. Smile I think we have such a strong supportive core here, we are going to move forward in awesome style!

Back to top Go down
https://beyond-ascension.forumotion.com
Shyn

Shyn

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:45 pm

*huggles the Jaydhe*

Sotiris, Zurhya, Nimrel, and I have been talking about this over the last few days and I'm very excited about it. I can't wait for everything to get started and RP'd out! I'll be willing to do anything and everything for this. I'm very pleased that you guys have stepped up and offered to help - it's a statement to the type of people we have here in Rift and one that makes me glad I've met you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Put Your Hands Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Your Hands Up!   Put Your Hands Up! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put Your Hands Up!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beyond Ascension - Rift Roleplay :: What Next - post Magitech Plans :: New Beginning - After Magitech Discussion-
Jump to: